Our eyes get strained often as we depend much on digital devices these days. Research shows that visual symptoms and eye strain have become a major issue in 50-90% people who work with computers.
Below are some of the causes, symptoms and effective tips to reduce eyes from getting strained:
Causes of Eye Strain
- Using digital devices for a long time
- Exposure to brightness
- Viewing things in dim light
- Reading while travelling
- Sewing or other related work
Symptoms of Eye Strain
- Eye dryness
- Watery Eyes
- Blurred and Double vision
- Neck pain
- Shoulder pain
- Back pain
Effective Tips to Reduce Eye Strain
Soothing Eye Massage
Massaging your eyelids daily will improve the blood circulation of your eyes. Tear glands will be stimulated with the help of eye massage and thus helps in preventing eye dryness.
Trataka yoga is another powerful remedy for eye strain. Various eye disorders including weak eye sight can be treated by this yoga. Apart from treating weak eye sight it also helps improve concentration. Trataka yoga is normally done by fixing our gaze at an object for some time. You can also use your hands instead of an object to reduce your eye from straining.
Palming is one of the great relaxing techniques for your eyes. This is done by rubbing both your palms together till they become warm. Close your eyes and place your warm palms on your eyes for about 30 seconds without putting pressure on the eyelids. Slowly open your eyes and look around. Repeat this process 3 to 5 times at a stretch. You can repeat this frequently throughout the day whenever you experience eye strain.
You can experience many positive effects on your body with the help of sunbath. It also helps your body produce vitamin D, which is a must for your overall health. You can take a sunbath between 8 AM to 10 PM to avoid skin tanning.
- Choose a sunny place and stand there early in the morning
- Allow the sunlight to fall on your eyes by closing your eye lids
- Stay there for about 10 minutes
- Continue with palming after this
- Do this at least once daily
Cold water splash
Cold water splash is one of the instant remedies to soothe tired eyes. It also improves blood circulation and reduces eye swelling.
- Take some cold water on your hand and splash it over your eyes whenever you feel tired
- Dip a soft washcloth in cold water and squeeze out the extra water and place it over your eyelids for a minute. You can repeat this when needed.
- Eye Exercises
Eye exercises help improve blood circulation.
- Roll your eyes in clockwise and anti-clockwise directions for few seconds. Take a break and blink your eyes. Repeat this exercise 4-5 times consecutively. Repeat every few hours.
- You can also hold a pen or pencil at arm’s distance and focus on it. Slowly bring it closer to your eyes as long as you have a clear image of the object. Repeat the process 10 to 15 times in a day.