Known as the king of fruits, mango is one fruit that is widely known and consumed across the globe. There are different types of mangoes available across the world. The fruit has a lot of health benefits apart from its sumptuous taste.
- Mango has antioxidant compounds that protect against colon, breast, leukaemia and prostate cancers.
- Mango contains enzymes which are effective in regulating our digestive system and enhances the metabolic process in our body.
- Mango is also good for our skin and hair. This is the main reason it is considered as an effective anti-ageing option.
- When we include mango to our daily diet it significantly boosts our Vitamin C. This helps keep our bones healthy.
- Mango contains fibre and water. It helps prevent constipation and promote regularity and a healthy digestive tract.
- By eating raw mangoes with a bit of salt helps prevent water loss in the body. It quenches thirst and avoids high temperature during summers.
- Drinking boiled raw mango juice (aam panna) in summers before going out in the heat helps prevent sun strokes.
- Eating raw mangoes helps keep gums healthy and prevents early teeth fall. It also prevents gum bleeding.
- Raw mango helps in healing the stomach of problems like indigestion, diarrhoea, piles, dysentery, morning sickness and constipation.
- Mangoes contain low glycemic index. Due to this reason it maintains blood sugar levels as well as fat level.
- The fruit is also good for pregnant women because it contains a healthy amount of iron. This helps maintain the HB level and oxygen flow.
- Mango contains Vitamin A, C and E. It also contains flavonoids, Beta-carotene, alpha-carotene, and beta-cryptoxanthin. This helps prevent eye diseases.
- When you consume mango pulp with milk, it helps you gain weight and also is a good source of energy.