Dandruff is a common problem that many face these days. It can be embarrassing sometimes and difficult to treat it too. There are many causes for dandruff – poor hair brushing and shampooing habits, dry skin, stress and improper diet that make your scalp more prone to dandruff. Here are some home hacks that will help reduce dandruff
- Coconut oil nourishes your hair, while lemon juice helps to treat dandruff without using harmful chemicals.
- Neem leaves and olive oil combination helps reduce dandruff. Crush the neem leaves and mix it in the oil. Apply it on your scalp generously. Wash after an hour’s time.
- Baking soda also helps reduce dandruff. Damp your hair and run a teaspoon of soda through your hair. Wash after leaving it for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Apple-cider-vinegar is one of the best home remedies for dandruff. Mix the solution in water and apply it on wet hair. Spread it all over your scalp and leave for 15 minutes. Wash thoroughly.
- Multani mitti helps reinstate your hair health. This simple remedy gives soft, silky and dandruff-free hair. Make a thick paste using multani mitti, water and lemon juice. Apply it on your hair and keep it on for 20 to 30 minutes and then wash thoroughly.
- Aspirin is one of the best home remedies to control dandruff. Crush the tablet and add the powder in a bowl. Add shampoo to this and mix it and apply on your hair. Leave it for 2 to 3 minutes and then wash hair with lukewarm water.
- Listerine mouthwash, also works wonders on your hair. Mix a teaspoon of it with 10 teaspoons of water and apply it on your hair. Leave it for 5 minutes and wash with lukewarm water.
- Curd is the tried and trusted mixture for dandruff. Apply on your hair and leave for an hour and then wash.